Monday 8 October 2012

The Demise of the Oil Economy

"Oil is the excrement of the Devil"

"Oil is the blood of the Dinosaurs"

A Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash is a documentary film which is 82 minutes long. The audience is bombarded with facts and figures about the oil industry and how damaging it is to the world. It emphasises how much humans rely on oil and how big the consequences are going to be when we run out. 

I'm not sure how I felt about this film. I agree with the majority of it but I DON'T LIKE BEING PREACHED TO.

However, I do agree with the idea of rationing the use of oil. I feel that the 'first world' abuse the amount of oil they 'need'. Without going onto an anti apple rant, I don't understand why people need the newest technology when they were perfectly happy with the technology they had before. I'm not saying that technology is bad, I'm just saying that we don't need faster phones with more available apps because as far as I'm aware, nobody in the third world was begging the first world people for iPhones...




No comments:

Post a Comment